Friday, July 15, 2011

Featured Musician Interview

What is the name of your group?    
Drifter-menace

Your Website URL:     http://www.expat-records.com/Drifter_Menace/
How long have you been in the music business?
 
15 years

What Genre is your music?
  
Hip Hop, Rap, Experimental

Below is an original sketch created by an outside artist, but made available for purchase on many products exclusively in the Hand-Drawn store, with permission from Drifter Menace:


Describe your musical style and inspirations.
   
My style is not like many that you have heard before. Yes i rap over my production, but its not like any other type of rap you have ever encountered. Drifter-menace was inspired by the fact that i find myself approaching different genre's of music. And totally reinventing the way the rule book has said it should be. Drifter, I travel from genre to genre. Menace, disrupting the natural flow of things.
My inspiration is life itself great experiences everyday good or bad

Have you released an album? If so, provide some details.
  
I've not released an album as of yet. I'm actually hard at work on it right now, The title will be I AM DRIFTER-MENACE. And I'm aiming for a late 2011 release on my record label Expat Records. But saying that i have my E-P which was released in march of this year on Expat Records Go Go Get it features six hard hitting tracks, with deep meaning and addictive compositions. It's out now for download.

Where can we get your music?
  
iTunes
Amazon

Below is original artwork created by Lace9 available exclusively on Drifter Menace products in the Hand Drawn Store:


Do you have any upcoming gigs? If so, where?
   
I have no planned gigs at the moment, being so locked into my album, and trying to complete it. Gigs will be drafting in after i have completed it.

Which of your songs is your favorite?    
Celebrate your liberty

In your own words, why should people check out your music? Provide any other info you think we should have here.

I have over a decade in the UK music scene, and manage to strike a balance with different genre's of music and a really surprising and unique way of rapping. My lyrics content to anyone and they can relate to my style of music , the sound will have you coming back for more and more and will surprise you every time you listen.
the catchy hooks and hard hitting production and diverse style has made me what I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment